Personal Data Protection Notice
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how Mynef Academy Sdn Bhd and its respective subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities (“Mynef Academy”) use your Personal Data.
Collection of Personal Data.
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, race, gender, date of birth, marital status, resident status, education background, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your designation in your company, your company details, the industry in which you work in, any information about you which you have provided to Mynef Academy in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by Mynef Academy from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However if you do not provide Mynef Academy your Personal Data, Mynef Academy will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below.
If you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider, provision of your Personal Data is mandatory and failure to provide your Personal Data, may be a breach of laws or regulatory requirements, and may cause Mynef Academy to be unable to engage you to provide services or products or issue payments to you for products or services provided.
Sources from which your Personal Data may be obtained
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to Mynef Academy directly, Mynef Academy may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
- Fill up application or registration forms or other similar forms;
- From publicly available sources such as directories,
- From Mynef Academy’s Facebook pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- From credit reporting agencies;
- When you interact and communicate with Mynef Academy at any events or activities;
- When you enter contests organized by Mynef Academy,
- From various entities or divisions under Mynef Academy; or
- By using Mynef Academy websites, which includes all websites operated by Mynef Academy Sdn Bhd and under the names of its respective brands (“Websites”). Your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the Websites.
Purposes of Processing
Mynef Academy may use and process your Personal Data for business and activities of Mynef Academy which shall include, without limitation the following (“the Purpose”):-
Where you are a customer or subscriber of Mynef Academy:
- to perform Mynef Academy’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with any services or products you have requested;
- to process your subscription and to deliver the subscriptions to you;
- to process your purchase or request for advertising space;
- where you have requested materials from the resource centre or library, to process your request, to deliver the materials to you, to provide you a license for the content you wish to use;
- to process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
- process, manage or verify your application for subscription with Mynef Academy and to provide you the benefits offered to subscribers;
- to validate your purchases and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to understand and analyse our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to process exchanges or product returns;
Where you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider:
- for the purposes of engaging you to provide services or products;
- to facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by Mynef Academy in order to engage you;
- to process payments relating to any products or services you have provided;
- to contact you or your company;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- for Mynef Academy to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to Mynef Academy using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Marketing and promotional purposes
Mynef Academy may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):-
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from Mynef Academy, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organised by Mynef Academy, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- To share your Personal Data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its partners, advertisers, event companies or sponsors who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions.
by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), by hand and/or by email.
Unsubscribe and revocation of consent
If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for Additional Purposes by Mynef Academy, please click on the link “Unsubscribe” which is embedded in the relevant email in order not to receive any email in the future.
If you wish to revoke the consent that Mynef Academy has obtained from you for the Purposes stipulated herein, please notify Mynef Academy using the contact details stated below.
Transfer of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia, to companies under Mynef Academy which are located outside of Malaysia and/or where Mynef Academy’s servers are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes. Further, Mynef Academy may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties referred to in this Section include (without limitation):
- Delivery agents such as newspaper vendors and newsagents;
- Mynef Academy partners and advertisers, which include parties with whom Mynef Academy collaborates with for certain events, programmes and activities;
- Event management companies and event sponsors;
- Marketing research companies;
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
- Other entities within Mynef Academy; and
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries, Limiting the Processing of Personal Data
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
Email Address : email@example.com
Telephone Number : +6(03) 4065 0103
Operating Hours : 9am – 6pm from Mondays – Fridays (excluding Public Holidays)
Mynef Academy reserves the right to impose a fee for access of your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted under law.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, Mynef Academy has the right to refuse the your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Personal Information from Minors and Other Individuals
As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor (individuals under 18 years of age) under your care to submit Personal Data to Mynef Academy. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to Mynef Academy, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
In some circumstances you may have provided personal data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) and in such circumstances you represent and warrant that you are authorised to provide their personal data to Mynef Academy and you have obtained their consent for their personal data be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Notice.
Acknowledgement and Consent
By communicating with Mynef Academy, using Mynef Academy’s services, purchasing products from Mynef Academy or by virtue of your engagement with Mynef Academy, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by Mynef Academy as described in this Notice.
Mynef Academy shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Websites. By continuing to communicate with Mynef Academy, by continuing to use Mynef Academy’s services, purchasing products from Mynef Academy or by your continued engagement with Mynef Academy following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.